mail setup for workstations

Iain Dooley iain at iaindooley.com
Sat Jul 15 13:45:18 UTC 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Remko Lodder wrote:

> Iain Dooley wrote:
>> hello, on this page:
>>
>> http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/articles/mailsetup/article.html
>>
>> it mentions that you need to include a .forward file in your home
>> directory, but does not make any mention of the fact that .forward must
>> have permissions 600 in order to work.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> iain dooley
>> www.iaindooley.com
>
> Dear Iain,
>
> This falls outside our scope, the article is (not yet?) available
> in our documentation repository, so sadly we cannot modify it
> ourselves.

oh okay, well it's a great article anyway! i would love to see it in the
documentation. i just wrote to the email address listed at the bottom of
the page.

> Though Simon Barner seems to have access to the location, I  copied >
> him in to see whether he can arrange something for us ;-).
>
> Thanks for mentioning it though!

excellent. i was using these instructions to setup the bugzilla mail
interface. the 600 perms cost me a couple of hours hair pulling out, so i
thought it would be good to get the word out :-)

cheers

iain