docs/99831: grep(1): grep -P is unsupported (according to grep) but is supported according to the man page.

Ruslan Ermilov ru at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 6 18:07:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 05:30:01PM +0000, Mark Linimon wrote:
> Old Synopsis: grep -P is unsupported (according to grep) but is supported according to the man page.
> New Synopsis: grep(1): grep -P is unsupported (according to grep) but is supported according to the man page.
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-doc
> Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
> Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jul 6 17:29:22 UTC 2006
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> Reclassify.

The support for the -P option depends on a compile time option which
itself depends on the libpcre library we don't provide.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru at FreeBSD.org