docs/93491: discrepancy man page for pam_unix(8)

Lior Kadosh lkadosh at math.ucr.edu
Fri Feb 17 19:10:10 UTC 2006

>Number:         93491
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       discrepancy man page for pam_unix(8)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The online man page (FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and Ports) for pam_unix states:

"The UNIX authentication service module for PAM, pam_unix provides func-
tionality for two PAM categories: authentication and account management.
In terms of the module-type parameter, they are the ``auth'' and
``account'' features.  It also provides a null function for session man-
agement."

I believe the above description should also include the "password"
facility (feature), which is described further down the same man page:

"UNIX Password Management Module
     The UNIX password management component provides a function to perform
     account management, pam_sm_chauthtok().  The function changes the user's
     password."

In the preceding paragraph, "account management" should be changed to
"password management".