docs/92885: Meanless sentence in handbook?

Enrique Matías Sánchez cronopios at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:10:05 UTC 2006

>Number:         92885
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Meanless sentence in handbook?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
              In section "Understanding MAC Labels" (Chapter 15.4 of the handbook) it is written:

    Numeric grade numbers used for comparison:compartment+compartment; thus the following:

Is that proper English?
I am not a native speaker, but, is not `numeric' or `numbers' redundant?
Should not there be an `are' before `used'?

Thanks.
>How-To-Repeat:
              Visit "Understanding MAC Labels" (chapter about Mandatory Access Control) of the handbook.