docs/106320: ata(4) man page should have HARDWARE section

Dieter dieter at sopwith.solgatos.com
Mon Dec 4 17:20:17 UTC 2006

>Number:         106320
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       ata(4) man page should have HARDWARE section
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The web page
http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.1R/hardware-amd64.html
does not list the disk controllers suported by the ata(4) driver.

It says: The device lists in this document are being generated automatically
from FreeBSD manual pages.

Most device driver man pages have a HARDWARE section, and the contents
of this section match the web page.  This leads me to believe that if
the ata(4) man page had a HARDWARE section, then the list of controllers
would appears on the Hardware Notes web page.