Ports and Index

Peter Lageotakes plageotakes at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 01:50:23 UTC 2006

   Mark Linimon wrote:

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:22:42AM -0600, Peter Lageotakes wrote:

If I am not mistaken (I could very well be mistaken); the index file
isn't download when CVS is run.

Not anymore.  It used to be the case.  The cost of maintaining it in that
form proved to be too high.

That whole chapter needs a lot of help :-/

mcl

   Hello Mark,
   I realize that I sent this email quite some time ago.  I had been
   meaning to write something on the subject at hand (ie: index files).
   I did some rough writing for a FreeBSD wiki.  Not sure if the doc
   project would be interested in said content.  If so; I can rewrite it
   and try to submit it to the documentation project.
   The link in question:
   Putting the pieces together for portupgrade
   [1]http://www.freebsdwiki.net/index.php/Portupgrade
   My apologies if I sent this email not using the properly established
   communications channels.
   Regards,
   Pete