Moving to the new website redesign

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Fri Sep 16 02:19:42 UTC 2005

Tillman Hodgson wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:02:01PM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 10:10:03PM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
>>

>>>  http://beastie.emilyboyd.com/~emily/data/
>>>

>>Awesome!  It looks good in Internet Explorer and Firefox.
>>Two recommendations:
>> (1) Default to the Large Font.  I wouldn't have figured out
>>     how to change the page to use Large Font if I didn't read it on
>>     this list.  The Small Font is too small, using my Dell laptop.
>>

>Try it on OS X with Safari -- the Large size is unreadably huge.
>
>Other OS X comments:
>
>* With IE 5.2, the positioning of some of the elements is way off. It's
>  still readable, it just has large gaps where it shouldn't. With this
>  browser, the large font seemed to default to more readable size.
>* With Safari, the Large font is unreadably huge and Normal seems great.
>  The layout looks excellent here.
>* With Firefox, same story. Looks great and the Normal font is the
>  better one.

First - the new site is completely awesome.. Great work!

I have to agree - on my FreeBSD laptop running mozilla and firefox, at
1920x1200 resolution (17" LCD), the small font is actually perfect.   I
think you'll never make everyone happy.

I also am a page scanner for the word "Download" - anything else, and my
eyes pass over it a few times..

Eric