Moving to the new website redesign

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Thu Sep 15 23:38:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:02:01PM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 10:10:03PM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> >   http://beastie.emilyboyd.com/~emily/data/
>
> Awesome!  It looks good in Internet Explorer and Firefox.
> Two recommendations:
>  (1) Default to the Large Font.  I wouldn't have figured out
>      how to change the page to use Large Font if I didn't read it on
>      this list.  The Small Font is too small, using my Dell laptop.

Try it on OS X with Safari -- the Large size is unreadably huge.

Other OS X comments:

* With IE 5.2, the positioning of some of the elements is way off. It's
  still readable, it just has large gaps where it shouldn't. With this
  browser, the large font seemed to default to more readable size.
* With Safari, the Large font is unreadably huge and Normal seems great.
  The layout looks excellent here.
* With Firefox, same story. Looks great and the Normal font is the
  better one.

-T

--
"The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility.
 And vice versa."