Restructure the Contributors article

Joel Dahl joel at automatvapen.se
Mon Sep 12 14:37:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 06:54 -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> Joel Dahl <joel at automatvapen.se> writes:
>
> > Objections?
>
> I gotta agree with whoever who put the Donors Gallary first, before
> the rest of the file, which is about as interesting as a telephone
> book.  People looking for information can easily scroll or search.

I disagree.

> Having it at the front were people will see it, even if they are just
> looking at the page to see what it's about (which may be their only
> look at it), serves the good purpose of thanking the donors and thus
> encouraging other to donate.  I think it's safe to bet that the core
> team doesn't need the encouragement of top billing.

Have you looked at the FreeBSD.org frontpage?  I quote:
"It is developed and maintained by a large team of individuals"
The last part is a link to this article.  This is confusing, since
people that follows this link probably expects some kind of information
about our developers, certain teams, etc, not a bunch of old donor
entries.

> A change that would be an improvement would be to order the donations
> with the most recent first.  That could be done within the categories
> or better, IMO, with the categories removed and noted in each entry.

Perhaps you didn't read my mail.  It's outdated.  "All" current
donations can be viewed at http://www.freebsd.org/donations/donors.html

--
Joel - joel at FreeBSD dot org