FreeBSD web build failed on freefall.freebsd.org (fwd)

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 25 09:06:09 UTC 2005

On 2005.05.24 08:17:08 -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> You can remove the index support from the russian docs by commenting
> out the 'HAS_INDEX=yes' from the Handbook makefile.  Both HAS_INDEX

I was actually going to propose temporarily removing HAS_INDEX from
the Russian, but the I got disturbed with $REALJOB, before I could
test it more.

> and GEN_INDEX must be specified for the index to be built.  This was
> done for speed reasons.  This way we only run collateindex.pl on those
> documents that actually have an index (HAS_INDEX) when we recursively
> specify to generate indices (GEN_INDEX).

On a side note, there seems to be a problem with the generated INDEX
when you rebuild it without clean... at least the index in the English
Handbook on www.FreeBSD.org often has broken links, I just haven't
gotten around to tracing down what breaks.

> As to actually fixing the problem, just compare with the English
> build, where this works fine.  Is a similar index.sgml file created
> with a comma and ulink for the English build?

I got interrupted before I could check more...

--
Simon L. Nielsen