Email addresses in mailinglist archives

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon May 9 10:25:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:02:55 +0100
Florian Nigsch <fn211 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> [I am not subscribed to the list, please CC any replies to me. Thank
> you very much.]
>
> In times of ever and ever more spam, I am really concerned about my
> email address being able to be found on the internet in its useable
> (not descrambled) form. I just googled for my email address (flo at
> nigsch com) and found it several times in the archives of the
> freebsd-questions mailinglist (among some other mailinglist archives),
> to which I used to contribute some years ago.
>
> I wanted to ask you if it was possible or if you have any plans, to
> convert all the email addresses in the archives in some format that
> makes it more difficult for robots to get hold of them? It's not only
> my personal interest that I asking for this

1. This is useless as you can verify playing with a few of this
"scrambled" addresses, grep and sed.

2. Our lists are archived not only on freebsd.org but by thirds parties
over which The FreeBSD Project has no control.

Please see for example mail/dspam for a very good way to protect
yourself from spam.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"