docs/80611: Missing items in supported hardware list on your site for FreeSD 4.11 and 5.x

Gabriel George POPA pgabriel at grex.cyberspace.org
Wed May 4 12:06:40 UTC 2005

>Number:         80611
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Missing items in supported hardware list on your site for FreeSD 4.11 and 5.x
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
         I have just installed FreeBSD 4.10 after having for a long time
FreeBSD 4.9. I modified 4.9 kernel to suppord nVidia nForce2 ATA controller
but I found that in FreeBSD 4.10 nForce2 & nForce3 ATA controllers are
supported (so this must be true for FreeBSD 4.11, right?). In act I also installed recently FreeBSD 4.11 and it supports nVidia nForce2 & nForce 3 ATA controllers. In the hardware list only nVidia nForce ATA 100 controller is mentioned. So nVidia nForce2 &nForce3 ATA controllers
should be added in the supported hardware list for FreeBSD 4.11 and possibly 5.x.
Please excuse me if I bothered you with this bug report, but I believe
that is important that all potential FreeBSD users should know the
capabilities of this great operating system. This way FreeBSD will have more and more users.
                                      Respectfully,
                                             Gabriel George POPA