docs/82540: [patch] added en_US.ISO8859-1/books/bibliography to Makefiles

Murray Stokely murray at freebsdmall.com
Thu Jun 23 15:30:23 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/82540; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Murray Stokely <murray at freebsdmall.com>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org>
Cc: Benjamin Marschall <gammelgul at gammelgul.de>,
	Murray Stokely <murray at freebsd.org>, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/82540: [patch] added en_US.ISO8859-1/books/bibliography to Makefiles
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:28:39 -0700

 On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 03:33:44PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > On 2005-06-22 17:36, Benjamin Marschall <gammelgul at gammelgul.de> wrote:
 > >  en_US.ISO8859-1/books/bibliography wasn't included in the
 > >  en_US.ISO8859-1/books/ Makefile
 >
 > I think this was intentional, to avoid having the "bibliography" book
 > appear on the web site.  Murray is the right person to tell us if this
 > is true, though.

 That sounds correct.  If I remember correctly the bibliography in the
 handbook was at one point a rather ad-hoc affair just using
 <listitems> and such and so there was a project to use a proper
 DocBook <bibliography>, done by Val Vaschetto at the suggestion of Nik
 and/or I.

 Books could then query/include those items from the proper
 bibliography that are referenced, and we wouldn't need to maintain all
 the bibliographical data in multiple books.

 That is the goal, but I think the reality is that it was never
 finished.

 In either case, the long term goal or the intermediate place we're at
 now, I don't think there is a need to have the bibliography directory
 added to the Makefile.

  - Murray