docs/80611: Missing items in supported hardware list on your site for FreeSD 4.11 and 5.x

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Jun 21 06:50:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:44:02AM +0200, Matteo Riondato wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:33:04AM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 06:23:27AM +0000, Matteo Riondato wrote:
> > > Synopsis: Missing items in supported hardware list on your site for FreeSD 4.11 and 5.x
> > >
> > > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> > > State-Changed-By: matteo
> > > State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 21 06:22:36 GMT 2005
> > > State-Changed-Why:
> > > ata(4) supported devices are not listed in the Hardware Notes because the list would be too long and never complete.
> >
> > At least on -CURRENT, this is wrong:
> >
> >      The currently supported ATA/SATA controller chips are:

> >      nVidia:         nForce, nForce2, nForce3.
>
> You're referring to the man page. "Hardware Notes" is the document you
> can find at http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/hardware/ or
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware.html .

Oops! Sorry, got confused there, I need to start my day with more coffee.

Still I think it's strange; most of the other drivers do list their hardware
irrespective of how many controllers they support. And if the list would
never be complete, why does the man page still include such a list?

In any case, if this is what was decided then that's ok with me too.

--Stijn

--
MY HATE OF D02 KNOW NO LIMIT
	-- A Silent Wail, http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31914