Question about booting with the NT booter.

Artur Soares arturpsoares at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 6 04:19:49 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am one afraid guy with this on his machine:
Disk 1 (master): 40GB - Windows XP (NTFS) on the first 10GB, FAT32 for
storage to the rest.
Disk 2 (slave): 80GB - FreeBSD 5.4 on the first 50 GB, FAT32 for storage
to the rest.
Both are at the same IDE controller (disk 1 is ad0, disk 2 is ad1)
I have (mis)installed the BSD boot manager to the ad1, which, since is
master, is being bipassed at the start, and windows is starting his
usual business. So I have no glimpse whatsoever of FreeBSD when I boot,
but takeing a peek via PartitionMagic, it is there. Also, I was
succesfull at all steps of the installation.

I would like to know how to (step-by-step, talking to a noob here) enter
BSD, get the boot0 file and copy it into C: as if you were talking to a
5 year old boy you just met on the street.

Thanks a lot,
Artur Soares.