FreeBSD Handbook: Soundcard Setup Addition (7.2.1)

Anthony Plunkett doobeh at thefort.org
Sun Jun 5 09:24:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

Could I make a suggestion that within the "Configuring the System"
(7.2.1) section, the maintainer adds something along the lines of:

"If you wish to find out the driver selected for your soundcard after
running the snd_driver metadriver you may check the /dev/sndstat file:

# cat /dev/sndstat

"

I don't think an example of the output is needed, it seemed
straight-forward to me to know what I was looking for, especially since
the handbook talks about the /boot/defaults/loader.conf file.

Thanks,

Anthony Plunkett.