hardware release noes for 5.3R documentation correction

Christian Brueffer chris at unixpages.org
Sun Feb 27 13:19:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:02:10PM -0500, xy wrote:
> In regard to:
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/hardware-i386.html
>
> The section referencing the TWE driver for 3ware RAID cards should include
> the  8000 series as SATA (place it one section lower)
>
> The 7000 series is PATA
> The 8000 series is SATA
> The 9000 series is SATA as well
>
> To verify:
> http://www.3ware.com/products/parallel_ata.asp
> http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata.asp

The hardware notes are generated out of the respective manpages.  I just
changed these to explicitly mention PATA/SATA for twe.  I also removed
the PATA notes from twa, since all supported adapters are SATA based.
The hardware notes for the 5.4 release will have the corrected entries.

Thanks for the notes.

> I'm also wondering if the 3ware 8506-4LP cards that work with TWE in 5.3
> also work in the TWE shipped with 4.10. You may not be able to answer that
> tho?

No idea about 4.10, but 4.11 should support these.  The driver was
updated prior to the release.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org