XML version of the Usergroups (Diff attached)

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 20 19:29:05 UTC 2005

Remko Lodder <remko at elvandar.org> wrote
  in <20050220130659.GA96515 at elvandar.org>:

r>    Recently i have been toying with merging the usergroups to XML.
r>    I did the migration based on Josef El-Rayes' commercial version.
r>
r>    I would like you all to review the attached patch and send comments.
r>    Note that i do not know very much about XML so changes like:
r>
r>    "Make it one page, or group on <whatever>" cannot be handled by me
r>    yet. So i hope that for a change like that someone is going to help
r>    me.

 Hmmm, I think the concept is good, but making the XSLT stylesheet more
 translator-friendly is needed.  Specifically, at least,
 usergroups/entries.xsl should be added into the language independent
 directory, and the XML databases can be partially overriden by
 using the localized ones.  Also, usergroups.html can be automatically
 generated from the databases.

 IMHO, we should not use "Fill-in-the-blanks Stylesheet" without
 sufficient content/style separation.  Scattering of similar
 XSLT code limits reuse of data and results in making the maintenance
 and translation very difficult...

 I am not against your idea, but worrying about the impact of it on
 maintainability.