docs/88646: sysutils/portmanager documentaion for handbook "Using ports"

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 01:30:15 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/88646; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01 at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 ringworm01 at gmail.com,
 Marc Fonvieille <blackend at freebsd.org>,
 Remko Lodder <remko at elvandar.org>,
 doceng at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/88646: sysutils/portmanager documentaion for handbook "Using ports"
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:20:00 -0800

 I just checked this diff with

 a) make lint
 b) make FORMATS="html html-split txt ps pdf rtf"

 In accordance with

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/overview-quick-start.html

 And it shows no lint problems and also builds the
 various outputs with no problem.  I've posted
 the pdf and ps outputs as proof here:

 http://portmanager.sunsite.dk/distfiles/book.pdf.gz
 diff is at page 152-153

 http://portmanager.sunsite.dk/distfiles/book.ps.gz
 diff is at page 133-134

 I have no idea why Mr. Remko Lodder thinks it is not IAW FDP
 and would surely appreciate he explain what the problem is or
 where his version of FDP is located so I may enlighten myself.