Little mistake in documentation!

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 18 14:38:54 UTC 2005

Михаил Коробов píše v ne 18. 12. 2005 v 16:27 +0300:
> Hi! Greetings from Russia!
> I'm thinking of trying FreeBSD, so I've just looked through your
> Hardware Notes on http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/hardware-i386.html
> And I've noticed a small mistake there in Section 2 "Supported Processors
> and Motherboards", paragraph 2, line 3:
> "Athlon (including Athlon-MP, Athlon-XP, Athlon-4, and..."
> I dunno if there exists any example of Athlon-4 in the World (maybe of
> some testing series specially assembled for BSD:))) But I've heard smth.
> about Athlon-64, so IMHO the line should be:
> "Athlon (including Athlon-MP, Athlon-XP, Athlon-64, and..."

I think the article is actually correct. There is something called
"Athlon 4" - it's the Athlon cores with codename Palomino.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1469

I must admit I never heard about it up until today too.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the East,
and Juliet is the sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
who is already sick and pale with grief that thou her maid art far
more fair than she.