patch for www/tools/portsgrowth/*

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 18 16:37:45 UTC 2005

Hiroki Sato píše v pá 19. 08. 2005 v 01:14 +0900:
> Hi,
>
>  A plot of the number of ports/packages available in
>  http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/growth/status.png was based on
>  the number of lines in ports/INDEX, but I think another
>  source is needed because the ports/INDEX in the CVS repository
>  is obsolete now.
>
>  I made a patch[*] to make a plot from the number of lines in
>  CVSROOT-ports/modules instead, but I am not sure if this is
>  reasonable.  Any comments?
>
>  [*] http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/FreeBSD/portsgrowth.diff
>
>  A generated plot is available here:
>    http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/FreeBSD/status.png

I think it's the best source available with a history. You could go
check for ports count on FreshPorts, or download index from
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/INDEX.gz, but these sources don't have a
handy history which CVS/modules got.

The numbers should be accurate as long as you don't forget to substract
leading 56 lines, and ports_* lines which stands for categories.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

And now something completely different.