docs/84956: [patch] intro(5) manpage doesn't mention API coverage

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Wed Aug 17 14:40:25 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/84956; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: garys at opusnet.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/84956: [patch] intro(5) manpage doesn't mention API
 coverage
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:34:27 -0700

 Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

 > such characters.  This is why I used \& to protect the space before the
 > dot.

 You wanted "``.h''", so there is no space.  But I can believe it is
 sometimes needed and maybe should be a habit within macros.

 > The extra markup is not only a matter of "having the right output
 > format", but it's also (ala SGML) a matter of making the structure of
 > the text apparent.

 The structure of "(something)" is more apparent than ".Pq something",
 IMO.  BTW, the mdoc(7) source is loaded with in-line parens.

 > It did cross my mind.  So you think we have no good place for them, and
 > the change should be done to intro(5)?

 If moving was fast and easy, I'd probably move them to section 7, but
 it's not, so yes.