(Minor) Error located in FreeBSD handbook

Nathan Singleton nathan at bsdmail.com
Mon Apr 11 04:57:14 UTC 2005

Hello, I found what I beleave to be a minor technical error in the FreeBSD handbook.
The page where the error can be found at is, "http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-apache.html".
The page's title is, "Apache HTTP Server". Subchapter is, "23.8.4 Virtual Hosting" The error is here:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.domain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/domain.tld
<VirtualHost>

it should (probably) be:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.domain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/domain.tld
</VirtualHost>

This is because the <VirtualHost> tag was already open and doesn't need to be re-opened. Instead it should be closed before the next <VirtualHost> entry, or it will cause an "end tag for "VirtualHost" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified"  error (I beleave).

I hope this helps you.

kind regards,
Nathan