Handbook: 16.7 Creating and Using Optical Media (DVDs)

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Sun Apr 3 21:57:47 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 16:35, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2005.04.03 16:00:27 -0500, Josh Paetzel wrote:
> > I've come across some data DVDs that require me to do:
> > mount_cd9660  -s 0 /dev/acd0 /cdrom  where /dev/acd0 is my
> > DVD-ROM and /cdrom is the mount-point (obviously)
>
> It sounds more like a bug in the cd9660 fs to me, or is known that
> it can't be fixed?

The -s switch is documented in the mount_cd9660 man page.  There are
no examples that are specific to DVD's in the man page however.

There are no PR's for this issue that I can find.  It is odd though, I
can't be the first person to ever mount a data DVD.  There are
several posts in the -questions archives but none of them seem to
get the issue resolved.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3129610+3132938+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-questions/20050320.freebsd-questions

This is a typical post which never gets a reply.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel