Handbook: 16.7 Creating and Using Optical Media (DVDs)

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Sun Apr 3 21:00:30 UTC 2005

I've come across some data DVDs that require me to do:
mount_cd9660  -s 0 /dev/acd0 /cdrom  where /dev/acd0 is my DVD-ROM
and /cdrom is the mount-point (obviously)

This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.  I looked through the
handbook (in particularly section 16.7) and this particular command
doesn't seem to be listed.

Thre doesn't seem to be a good place to put this command and
explanation of what/why it's for in this section of the handbook.

I googled around a bit and found a lot of people asking how to mount a
DVD in FreeBSD without there being any good answers

If I don't get any input in the next day or so I'll submit a patch and
try to make things fit as best as possible.  (I suppose getting it in
for 5.4-RELEASE is pretty unrealistic at this point)

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel