CVSUP mirrors in the UK and the FreeBSD handbook

Gareth McCaughan gmccaughan at synaptics-uk.com
Fri Sep 24 18:46:42 UTC 2004

The current version of the Handbook says that there are mirrors
in the UK at cvs{,2,3,4}.uk.freebsd.org . The actual state of
play at present seems to be that ...

  - cvsup.uk.freebsd.org is not responding to
    cvsup connections, although it is pingable

  - cvsup2.uk.freebsd.org exists but is overloaded

  - cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org doesn't resolve

  - cvsup4.uk.freebsd.org has a disastrously out-of-date
    mirror; when I pointed cvsup at it my ports collection
    got downgraded (!)

The first two problems are presumably transient,
but the other two seem more serious -- especially the
last. I think the list of cvsup servers could do with
an update.

(I've mailed mirror at teleglobe.net, which I hope is
the right address, to alert them to the problem with
cvsup4.)

--
Gareth McCaughan