docs/71998: Possible mistake in FAQ.

Hiroo Ono hiroo+freebsd at oikumene.gcd.org
Wed Sep 22 14:50:30 UTC 2004

>Number:         71998
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Possible mistake in FAQ.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD chrysanthe.oikumene.gcd.org 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #18: Wed Sep 15 01:26:56 JST 2004 ports at chrysanthe.oikumene.gcd.org:/build/usr/src/sys/CHRYSANTHE i386

I found two possible mistakes in doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/book.sgml.
(I am not sure if the first is really a mistake. It may come from my
 poor ability in English.)
Here they are:

        <question id="boot-read-error">
          <para>A dialog will pop up requesting the number of
            cylinders, heads and sectors.  Type the numbers found from
            the BIOS separates by forward slashes.
          </para>

Is the wording of "separates" here gramatically correct?
This phrase can be easily understood even without the following example,
but I could not figure out what the subject of "separates", and got
a little bit confused when translating it.

          <para>5000 heads, 250 sectors and 60 sectors would be entered as
            <userinput>5000/250/60</userinput>
          </para>

5000 cylinders, 250 heads and 60 sectors?