authorgroup description in articles

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 22 06:11:13 UTC 2004

Dear colleagues,

in freebsd.dsl we have the following comment

      <!-- We would like the author attributions to show up in line
           with the section they refer to.  Authors who made the same
           contribution should be listed in a single <authorgroup> and
           only one of the <author> elements should contain a <contrib>
           element that describes what the whole authorgroup was
           responsible for.  For example:

           <chapterinfo>
             <authorgroup>
               <author>
                 <firstname>Bob</firstname>
                 <surname>Jones</surname>
                 <contrib>Contributed by </contrib>
               </author>
               <author>
                 <firstname>Sarah</firstname>
                 <surname>Lee</surname>
               </author>
             </authorgroup>
           </chapterinfo>

           Would show up as "Contributed by Bob Jones and Sarah Lee".  Each
           authorgroup shows up as a separate sentence. -->

and such construction works in book chapters ok. However, when I try to use it
inside article's articleinfo, it is not rendering correctly (AFAICC).

No references in fdp-primer, and, unfortunately, my dsl/dtd knowledge are
rather weak, hence my question here.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                        [DM5020, MCK-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]