New firewall section (was: Re: HEADS UP: doc/ slush begins)

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Mon Sep 20 14:08:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:30:25PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2004-09-20 12:06, Ceri Davies <ceri at submonkey.net> wrote:
> >
> > Referring to ... http://freebsd.so14k.com/firewall/
> >
> > Is everyone else happy (doceng/translators) if this were to go in before
> > the release?
>
> FWIW, the new text is definitely a lot more detailed than what we already have
> (which is absolutely GREAT) but it has many places where a bit of improvement
> is needed :-/
>
> There are a few parts that I wanted to mail Brad about asking for extra
> clarifications, rewordings, changes in the style and/or content of this.
> I just didn't get a chance to read the entire chapter carefully.

If you're available now, and would like to work at this, please do.
I haven't read the whole patch yet either, and won't until this evening
at the earliest.  I pretty much only have evenings available for a good
time from now.

I'd rather this was correct before it gets committed, especially as I
believe that the current text is simply less shiny as opposed to
incorrect.

Ceri
--
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.