CVSROOT checkout?

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Fri Sep 17 08:55:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:48:20AM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Brad Davis wrote:
> >try: CVSROOT=freebsdanoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs
> >cvs co blah
> >it says ssh only so leave out the :pserver: part.
> I must be on crack, last time I tried, it asked for a password.
>
> BTW, I still would like to know, how could I access the contents of the
> "real" CVSROOT, which drives the development server.
>
> Years ago it was available on the public servers, and those scripts were
> really good (ACLs, etc).
>
> So I'm looking for the cfg.pm, avail and other stuff which the
> committers sometimes hack on the cvs-all lists.
>
> It seems that the structure somewhat changed and those scripts are only
> on the main CVS server, not the public ones.

Oh...  The FreeBSD Project has decided to separate its CVS repositories
into four - src, doc, ports, projects respectively.  There are now four
actual "CVSROOT"'s so to avoid conflicits they are called CVSROOT-src,
CVSROOT-ports and so forth when you check out from a CVS repository and
CVSROOT was changed to a combined one that contains necessary information
for checkouts (e.g. modules, etc).

So you may want to have:

	cvs co CVSROOT-src

instead of
	cvs co CVSROOT

if you want the CVSROOT source for the src repository.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.