CVSROOT checkout?

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Fri Sep 17 08:47:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:37:35AM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> I would like to checkout the FreeBSD CVSROOT from CVS, but I cannot find it.
>
> Some years ago I was able to do this from anoncvs.freebsd.org, but
> currently it refuses CVS pserver access.
>
> From the following page:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
>
> neither
> "USA: freebsdanoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs (ssh only - no
> password)"
>
> and
>
> "setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs
> % cvs login
> At the prompt, enter the password ``anoncvs''."
>
> does not work.
>
> Is this normal and just the document lags behind reality?

I think you may want
  setenv CVSROOT :ext:anoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs

Instead.  This should work in this case.  Note that with ssh you
don't need a cvs login any more.

Maybe we should document about how to use a SSH anoncvs?

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.