Problem with IPSEC in handbook

Brian Herman brian at cybox.com
Tue Sep 14 03:42:51 UTC 2004

I have found a bug in the IPSEC section of the freebsd handbook:

In the document:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html

Section 14.11.2 The Problem - states:

There's no standard for what constitutes a VPN. VPNs can be implemented
using a number of different technologies, each of which have their own
strengths and weaknesses. This article presents a number of scenarios,
and strategies for implementing a VPN for each scenario.

Then begins:
14.11.3 Scenario #1: Two networks, connected to the Internet, to behave
as one

However, this html page ends without ever going into any other
scenarios.  14.11.2 implies there should be at least 11.3, 11.4, and
perhaps more.

The links at the bottom of this page go forward to
14.12 - Open SSH
and backward to
14.10 - OpenSSL

So I can't tell if the IPSEC document 14.11 is incomplete, or if it
simply has improper links in it.  Thanks for taking a look at this.

			- Brian