TCP Wrappers section (handbook/security): services is not daemons

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 15 14:33:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:05:55 +0400
Denis Peplin <den at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:33:57 +0400
> > Denis Peplin <den at freebsd.org> wrote:

> >>ok, not a problem :)
> >

> > I just don't like to see a ton of note this and note that
> > throughout the handbook.  It looks rather ugly and is overused
> > in many cases as a replacement for rewriting the section to
> > conform to all releases.  It's so much easier, IMO, to tag the
> > handbook; however, that is not a fight I can win here.
> >
> I hope, this is not fight with me :)
> [attempt to joke above]

Heh, I have no reason to fight with you.  Have no fear.  :)

> Yes, it so hard to fix all things, that really ugly.
> As translator, I work with huge amount of text from handbook, and some
> parts of it near to "too bad to translate".
> But it is at least better than nothing :)

Another translator told me the same thing a good while ago,
in all honesty I wish translators would tell me what sections
they are having problems with.  :)

> And, of course, you can commit another solution for issues,
> discussed in this topic, w/o asking me.

Heh, as if I needed anyone's permission to commit something.  :P
[that was a joke but I chose to point it out because you are
 not a native speaker]

--
Tom Rhodes