TCP Wrappers section (handbook/security): services is not daemons

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 15 13:29:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:33:57 +0400
Denis Peplin <den at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > On 2004-10-15 13:44, Denis Peplin <den at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> >>Hello!
> >>
> >>I have patch for this issue (attached), and keramida help
> >>me to fix it English form.
> >>
> >>log:
> >>Obtain some information from inetd(8) to fix "inetd"
> >>description in network-servers chapter.
> >>Add note about "daemon" term to "tcpwrappers" section
> >>of security chapter.
> >

> > Ah, now that I see the log message...
> >
> > These two are really separate, a bit unrelated changes.  If you do
> > commit the change to security/chapter.sgml do it in a second commit.
> > This way the CVS log entry of each file contains text that is relevant
> > to that file and not to some other, random stuff.
> ok, not a problem :)

I just don't like to see a ton of note this and note that
throughout the handbook.  It looks rather ugly and is overused
in many cases as a replacement for rewriting the section to
conform to all releases.  It's so much easier, IMO, to tag the
handbook; however, that is not a fight I can win here.

Please consider my rant as 'approved' so long as you do the
separation requested by Giorgos; I agree with him here.

--
Tom Rhodes