Article about mail setup for FreeBSD workstations

Simon Barner barner at gmx.de
Sun Oct 3 20:26:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

Approximately one year ago, I wrote an article about how to setup email
properly on a FreeBSD machine without a proper DNS name (dial-up, DSL,
...).

My intention was to ease access to FreeBSD mailing lists and GNATS,
which require you to send your email through a mail relay with a valid
DNS name.

Unfortunately, I have never submitted my work to the FreeBSD documentation
project -- but I want to make up for that now. I'd love to see that
article somehow integrated into the official documentation, either in the
email section of the handbook, or as a standalone article.

I'd appreciate it very much if you could review the article, e.g. with
respect to the following points:
 - correctness
 - comprehensibility
 - spelling and grammar
 - DocBook style (the indentation still needs to fixed)
 - ...

My work is available here (HTML and DocBook version):

http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/articles/mailsetup/

Simon