Doc BoF at EuroBSDCon

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 29 15:53:49 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-29 06:03, Nik Clayton <nik at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 09:26:57PM +0100, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > - To be as little disruptive as possible to normal doc work it was
> >   suggested to branch the doc/ tree for the work, and do the work in a
> >   separate branch, to be merged into the main branch later again.
>
> Rather than branch it in CVS I'd say use Perforce for this work.

Yes please, Perforce seems a natural place for this.  Experimenting with
things like moving files or entire trees around, creating new files
within the branch or other stuff that CVS would make a real PITA, are
done easier in Perforce and will not force everyone who keeps CVS
mirrors to update a bazillion files while the work is still in progress.