orig/trans automatic selection patch for news/{newsflash,press}.html

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 22 19:52:17 UTC 2004

Hi all,

 I made patches for www/<lang>/news to implement the following:

 1) When a news item added to en/news/news.xml and it is not in
    <lang>/news/news.xml, newsflash.xsl in the localized directories
    will automatically pick up and insert the item into their
    www/<lang>/newsflash.html on the fly.

 2) Once the item is translated and added into <lang>/news/news.xml,
    the localized newsflash.xsl uses the translated one.

 I think this sort of mechanism should help when the translation is
 delayed.  The patches found at the following URL include the necessary
 changes for www/share+www/en, www/de, www/fr, www/ja, and
 www/ru (patches for each language depend on the www/share+www/en patch).

  http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/www-news-translation-patches.tar.gz

 Translators, could you please try them?  While there are several
 known problems such as www/<lang>/index.xsl support and so on,
 they should work and you can understand what I want to do.

 I would appreciate your comments.  Especially, I would like to
 know if the l10n knobs are sufficient for your language.  Thanks.