cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Nov 13 23:10:53 UTC 2004

Pav Lucistnik wrote:

>pav         2004-11-13 18:02:50 UTC
>
>  FreeBSD doc repository (ports committer)
>
>  Modified files:
>    en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml
>  Log:
>  - Remove a ports related section of CVSup refuse example. There are people
>    who blindly copy this example to their environment. These people end
>    with ports tree uncapable of building INDEX (some ports depend on ports
>    in japanese category, which is refused in this example).
>
>    The remaining part of example still does a good job in demonstrating
>    CVSup refuse file syntax.
>
>  Approved by:    simon (doc hat),
>                  linimon (portmgr hat)
>
>  Revision  Changes    Path
>  1.366     +3 -17     doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors/chapter.sgml

Hmm, I was just helping a fellow on questions@ who had this problem on his
workstation.

It seems well to me (not that I matter much) to do this much;
additionally, what about
the section in handbook Appendix A on CVSup (where the text is nearly
identical,
though the example is not there)?

Would it be a Good Thing(tm) to add a brief warning that you shouldn't
expect to
refuse anything in the  ports tree and call 'make index' or 'portsdb
-uU', etc.,
but you can fix the problem by "make fetchindex" if necessary . . .

I'll happily file a PR if it seems appropriate to do so to you
'documitters' ...

Kevin Kinsey