Suggestion on closing a PR

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat May 29 20:48:58 UTC 2004

Bill Moran wrote:
> Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
[ ... ]
>> BTW, there seems to be something odd with your line wrapping (many lines
>> with just a few words).
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.  Could you be more specific.
> Are my emails showing up ugly on other MUAs?

On a good day, a MIME-based MUA which uses format=flowed will produce messages
which look nice under plain-ASCII MUAs, but which wrap better when viewed in a
GUI-- ie, with proportional fonts, variable window width rather than
80-columns, etc.

The problem is that such MUAs display the message to you during composition
using that flowing, and although they at least will respect the 80-column
convention reasonably well, they conceal whether they spawl a word or two onto
the next line (in a fashion made famous by Outlook).

Plain ASCII MUAs do "WYSIWYG" better than Mail.app, Mozilla, and so forth...

--
-Chuck