docs/64144: [patch] document procedure to add a new portscategory to Committer's Guide

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Mar 30 20:30:22 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/64144; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
To: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>,
	<FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-doc at FreeBSD.org>,
	<eik at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: docs/64144: [patch] document procedure to add a new ports category
 to Committer's Guide
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:26:30 -0600 (CST)

 On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
 > +		    the <filename class="directory">ports/</filename> directory, run

 OK, that's the first I've seen of this.

 > > +		    <command>cvsup(1)</command> by modifying
 >
 > Here you should use &man.cvsup.1;.

 I have it right elsewhere -- this was a cut-and-paste from ... somwehere.

 > If the category is set to "docs" there is no need to reassign it.  It
 > will automatically be assigned to freebsd-doc.

 D'oh!

 > > +		<step>
 > > +		  <para>Submit a PR to request that the web
 > > +		    page build be updated to reflect the new
 > > +		    category.  The responsibility for doing this
 > > +		    is not yet well established.</para>
 > > +		</step>
 >
 > Shouldn't this just be a "www" PR?  I'm not really sure what needs to be
 > changed on the web pages?
 >
 > Of course the issue with the ports/ pages being based on a INDEX still
 > exist...

 The latter is what I was trying to imply.  IMHO, at least the ports index
 page at http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html ought to be updated as
 soon as a category is added.