docs/64144: [patch] document procedure to add a new portscategory to Committer's Guide

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Mar 12 12:20:18 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/64144; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
To: Ceri Davies <ceri at submonkey.net>
Cc: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>,
	<FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>, <ports-developers at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: docs/64144: [patch] document procedure to add a new ports category
 to Committer's Guide
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:16:30 -0600 (CST)

 > Is it desirable to put this into state repocopy?  If so, the paragraph
 > above should probably restate that.

 I don't know enough about how the repocopy state works to say one
 way or the other -- basically, I cloned it from the text in Section 2.

 I think kris was alluding to the fact that the text in Section 2
 needed some work -- I think you're probably in a better position
 to propose better wording than I am.  I documented the parts that
 I understood, but I have no doubt that there's some I just don't.
 As written, is was intended more as a spur to discussion.

 mcl