[patch] document procedure to add a new ports category to Committer's Guide

Eivind Eklund eivind at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 12 11:23:51 UTC 2004

The text generally looked good to me; I only have one question:

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:09:44AM -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
> +		  <step>
> +		    <para>Submit a PR to add the new category to
> +		      the Porter's Handbook, and to add it to
> +		      <filename>www/en/ports/categories</filename>,
> +		  </step>
> +
> +		  <step>
> +		    <para>Submit a PR to request that the web
> +		      page build be updated to reflect the new
> +		      category.  The responsibility for doing this
> +		      is not yet well established.</para>
> +		  </step>

Can't we just have people fix this directly for the usual case, and have
a "submit a doc PR if you feel uncomfortable about doing that" as an
option?

Eivind.