rm -rf gallery/

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Mar 3 19:54:37 UTC 2004

Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> hi!
>
> as i did not get much feedback on my request for comments
> about removing the gallery i make it short:
>
> any objections to me removing the gallery
> (www/en/gallery/) from the website?
>
> why? it is hard to maintain, it is no real benefit
> and most links are broken anyway.

Whoah!

I'm glad I saw this email, I wasn't paying much attention, but luckily
I saw this before it was done.

I would have a HUGE problem with this being removed.  I've actually got
new customers as a result of my company being listed on the commercial
page.

I understand that a lot of links are broken and that it's hard to
maintain ... but it has been of TREMENDOUS benefit to us.

If a doc commiter is willing to do the officials, I'm willing to dontate
my time tracking down the broken links and fixing up the page (it would
benefit me more anyway, if there were less broken links obscuring my
listing)

Please don't delete this, I'll help maintain it, it's put money in my
pocket.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies