docs/68115: ISO-IMAGES-i386/README.TXT - cdrecord is able to deal with IDE devices

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 19 21:10:23 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/68115; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org>
To: "Daniel K. Gebhart" <dkg at con-fuse.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/68115: ISO-IMAGES-i386/README.TXT - cdrecord is able to deal with IDE devices
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:05:30 +0200

 --9amGYk9869ThD9tj

 On 2004.06.19 15:24:37 +0000, Daniel K. Gebhart wrote:

 > ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/README.TXT let
 > users think that cdrecord is not able to deal with IDE devices.

 Hmm, AFAIR cdrecord only works with SCSI drives (or IDE through SCSI
 emulation with atapicam), or do I remember incorrectly?

 > >Fix:
 > FreeBSD users: /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord or burncd is probably
 > just what you're looking for when it comes to burning these images.

 The paragraph continues with "If you're using an IDE CD-R drive, use
 the built-in burncd command." - isn't that sufficient?

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen
 FreeBSD Documentation Team

 --9amGYk9869ThD9tj