firewall section of handbook

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 14 22:23:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 02:41:05PM -0700, Matthew McGraw wrote:

> i have volunteered my services as an editor/proofreader to the group
> so i read your docs with that in mind.  attached to this email,
> please find a word (.doc) document reflecting some edits to your
> work.

Open source developers typically use diff(1) for this type of work,
not poorly documented proprietry document formats.

Don't take this the wrong way:  any effort to improve FreeBSD is
greatly appreciated, but it helps to learn the ropes first:
http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/index.html

> i hope this is seen as helpful and not as an insult to your work.

You didn't attach your work to the message you sent, but we tend to
view discussion as helpful, not insulting.

Thanks,
Tom