Screen man page typo, but which?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Jun 4 15:23:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:38:23PM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> >From 'man 4 screen':
>
>   "For compatibility with the old pccons, the PC3 character sequences is
>    also supported."
>
> Should it be:
>   "...the PC3 character sequences *are* also supported..."
>
> or
>   "...the PC3 character sequence is also supported..."
>
> (My guess would be the former, but having never heard of "PC3 character
> sequences" or even a singular one...)
>
> Some reference for pccons should be included in SEE ALSO (if available).

It seems that pccons was an obsoleted version of syscons(4), the default
console driver for FreeBSD (pccons seems to have been in other BSD's,
too).  Thus, I believe the plural 'sequences' would be correct, and I've
just committed a fix to the screen.4 manpage.  It will be merged to
-STABLE in a week.

Thanks for spotting this!

G'luck,
Peter