docs/68718: s/<command>/<filename role="package">/

Brad Davis so14k at so14k.com
Tue Jul 6 18:50:24 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/68718; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brad Davis <so14k at so14k.com>
To: Marc Fonvieille <blackend at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/68718: s/<command>/<filename role="package">/
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:43:01 -0600

 On Tuesday 06 July 2004 01:24, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
 > On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 12:56:37AM -0600, Brad Davis wrote:
 > >
 > > 	s/<command>/<filename role="package">/
 > >
 > > >How-To-Repeat:
 > > >Fix:
 > >
 > > 	Apply the diff at http://freebsd.so14k.com/editors.patch
 > > 	MD5 (editors.patch) = f1055ec47ae1011c1fa1fe0c359f2da6
 >
 > Please add patch to the PR.
 >
 > I'm not sure your patch is the best solution, I'd do instead for more
 > consistency with previous "paras":
 >
 > <para>FreeBSD also comes with more powerful text editors such as
 >   <application>vi</application> as part of the base system, while other
 > editors, like <application>Emacs</application> and
 > <application>vim</application>, are part of the FreeBSD Ports Collection
 > (<filename
 > role="package">editors/emacs</filename> and <filename
 > role="package">editors/vim</filename>).  These editors offer much more
 > functionality and power at the expense of being a little more complicated
 > to learn.  However if you plan on doing a lot of text editing, learning a
 > more powerful editor such as
 >   <application>vim</application> or <application>Emacs</application>
 >   will save you much more time in the long run.</para>
 >
 > I used vim and not Vim since www.vim.org uses both, the easiest to
 > type is vim :)

 I will add my patches into the PRs directly from now on! (I thought it would
 be easier for you guys to fetch them and look that way :)

 I'm not sure what your looking for. Do you want my approval? If so you have
 it!

 Regards,
 Brad Davis
 --
 Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.