Use of the

Martin Swift martin at swift.is
Thu Feb 26 02:17:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

Came across what might be considered a somewhat strange usage of the
'acronym' tag on
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-overview.html
There the tag appears several times in the form
  <acronym class="ACRONYM">ACPI</acronym>
and not
  <acronym title="Advanced Configuration and Power
  Interface">ACPI</acronym>
which might be considered a slightly more common usage of the tag.
This is all the more strange since the class "ACRONYM" is not even
defined in the stylesheet (docbook.css).

Not that I'm complaining about the information content of the
handbook. Just thought I'd mention it since it looked a bit like an
oversight; putting *all* the acronyms into an acronym class without
defining it. Hmmm?

Sincerely,
Martin