Firewall chapter paragraph explanation

Matteo Riondato rionda at gufi.org
Mon Dec 27 15:55:52 UTC 2004

Hi folks!
I'm translating the Firewall chapter of the Handbook in Italian (and
while doing this, I'm also trying to clarify a bit the English version,
as pointed out in PR docs/75422).
I find real difficulties in understanding and translating lines
1022-1024 of chapter.sgml :
<title>STATEFUL</title>
packets that match the rules selection parameters is to activate the
stateful filtering facility.</para>

I think it means:
"keep state" means that the stateful filtering facility must be
activated for any packet that matches the rule selection parameters of a
pass rule."

Am I wrong? Is the chapter paragraph syntactically and grammatically
correct?

Best Regards
--
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato