Kwalitee

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Sun Dec 12 17:03:41 UTC 2004

On Dec 11, 2004, at 3:53 PM, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Thinking out loud.

Hey Nik,

So you were that noise? :)

> One of the things we strive for is to improve the quality of our
> documentation.

Great!
I think the metrics etc that are given by you apply to most of our
documentation.

> Thoughts?  What other metrics can people come up with?  Remember, it
> needs to be possible to objectively test them.

1) Perhaps a metric about how many <quote>'s there are in a file. If
there are more then 10(?) then it might be worth looking into the
document why it is quoted that much. Perhaps its right but perhaps the
text should be reworded so that the need for quotes vanishes.

2) How is the style of the document? If the style is rather bad (like
the layout of some of our current chapters) it might be that it means
work in progress and needs looking after by some people to trace bugs
and other faults. We can measure that by just looking into the
document.

If i think of more, i will ofcourse reply again :)

Cheers!!

> --
> FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/
> (__)
> FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/
> \\\'',)
>
> \/  \ ^
>    --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---
> .\._/_)

Kind regards,
Remko Lodder
FreeBSD (Dutch) Documentation team